As a rural association, we place special value on reaching out into the region and maintaining close dialogue with visitors and citizens, and with cultural and educational institutions. Therefore, a broadly-based communication offer forms an integral part of our program. In addition to guided tours with explanatory talks for groups of all ages, and moderated artists’ discussions, our programme also includes various workshops tailored to different target groups.
ART OVERCOMES BOUNDARIES
- Students of the Gymnasium Bernstorff in Satrup/ Angeln met seniors from South Jutland.
- The pilot project “ART OVERCOMES BOUNDARIES” took place in the border region. The students from Angeln encounterded several times senior citizens from Jutland to get to know contemporary artists from both countries and their works, in exhibitions in Sønderborg and Angeln.
The entire project has been filmed by the students.
Organized and made possible by the association KUNST FÜR ANGELN e.V.
- October 5th, 2022 the pilot project started in Sønderborg and Angeln and ran until the end of October.
April till May 2023 the exhibition ART OVERCOMES BOUNDARIES took place. Highschool students and elderly citizens visited the exhibition together as part of the ART AGAINST LONELINESS initiative.
- The pilot project started with a German/Danish art exhibition at the Art School Sønderborg under the direction of Thomas Lunau and continued in the Roosen-Trinks collection at the WITTKIELHOF under the direction of curator Corinna Koch and collector Ingrid Roosen-Trinks.
- With “ART OVERCOMES BOUNDARIES” another art milestone has been set to expand the German/Danish friendship, to optimize the exchange between the generations and to expand the artistic contacts between the two countries.
Art tours (only during exhibitions) daily – except Saturdays – at 12:00 o’clock with prior registration.
Book at: firstname.lastname@example.org